1. It shows that Anna has finally reached her goal of growing her bangs long enough that she can wear them back in her headband.
2. It (sort of) shows the whole at the bottom of her smile where she has now lost her 2nd tooth. It came out yesterday during lunch at school while she was eating a strawberry. (Much to Anna's surprise. She felt sure it should have been an apple that caused the wobbly tooth to finally topple out!)
3.If you look closely you can see the fading "shiner" on her left eye. This of course happened while Larry and I were four hours into our drive to Myrtle Beach last week-end!
All year I have not had one phone call from Anna's school....not one illness, injury, or other such emergency that has required my attention. And of course four hours into our drive I received a call from the school saying that Anna had hit her head on the playground and her eye was very swollen and all black and blue. They were concerned and thought she needed to go home early. My parents were close by and able to pick her up and take her to the doctor's office (where she was diagnosed with nothing more than a 'shiner'), but Larry and I still longed to be there where we could be the ones to comfort her. It was a good thing we were already so far away, or I fear we may have turned around and missed a wonderful week-end on account of a black eye.
The next day when Larry was talking to her on the phone she announced with proud, "I have a shiner!"
"What color is it?" Larry asked.
"I don't know black, I think. Aren't shiner's black?"
Since we have been home it has just looked like I have taken to putting purple (and now yellow) eye shadow on my six year old. Yesterday she asked me to put purple eyeshadow on the other eye before school so that they would match.

No comments:
Post a Comment