Monday, April 9, 2012

Red Jelly Beans

At the beginning of Lent the girls were given a Jelly Bean Jar. For each jelly bean color, there was a behavior associated with it that they could do turn earn the jelly bean for their jar. The red jelly bean was for making sacrifices. When I explained the jar to Alaina, she asked what it means to make a sacrifice. I explained that a sacrifice is something that you give up. I gave her a couple of examples. "If you and Anna want to watch different t.v. shows at the same time, and you let Anna watch the one she wants, that is a sacrifice. Or, if there is only one cookie left and you both want it, if you let Anna have it that would be a sacrifice." Alaina considered this thoughtfully for a minute and then said, "I don't really like red jelly beans that much."

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing that and making me smile today:)

    ReplyDelete