Last night when we sat down to eat dinner Larry announced he wasn't hungry because he had eaten a bag of chips and gaucomole from Chipotle (a shared favorite of ours) on the way home from work. "Well, why would you do that when you know I am at home making dinner?" He then explained that he didn't eat them with his lunch, and had intended to have them a little later for a snack, but was too busy and didn't get a chance. And of course, he couldn't let them go to waste, so he ate them right before he left work. "No," I agreed. "But you could have brought them home and given them to me at 10:00 when I announced I was hungry and wanted a snack." (As I unfortunately do, nearly every night.) As I type this entry I am enjoying, you guessed it...the chips and gaucomole that he brought me home today..."Why, honey you are so sweet! Whatever gave you that idea?"
Seriously though, it was sweet and thoughtful, and yummy!
On another note, although the tattling in my household has increased over the past week, I didn't really consider it a problem until about 20 minutes ago when Alaina came in my bedroom to say, "Moommeeee...blankey hit me on the head!" I'm checking my parenting book now for tips on disobedient blankies.
Oh, and myabe for the heck of it I will take a look at what they say about tattling too!
Final reflections from Jay Tew's most recent trip
13 years ago

I agree, your husband is sweet.
ReplyDelete