Well, the past month has been so busy that I havent' had any time to blog about all of the fun things we have been up to. So today after we got home from church, Alaina hit the bed for a nap, Anna and Larry hit the back yard for some fun, and I hit the back patio with the laptop and added about five entries to the blog. While I typed, I enjoyed watching Larry and Anna play together. I feel so blessed to have a husband who enjoys fatherhood and family life as much as Larry does. I sometimes find now that I am a stay at home mom, that I have so many opportunities to play with my kids, that I often let them pass by because it can be boring for me to play house or Barbies all day, every day. Larry, however misses being away from the girls and soaks all that stuff up whenever he is home. On days like today, when I watch him happily join in on their games, I am reminded that I have to take advantage of the chances I have to play in their world now while they are still inviting me in. While I typed, I watched Larry squeeze himself into the little outdoor playhouse (the one I always insist I'm too big for and won't go in)and be Anna's son. She "made" him a birthday cake and threw him a party. Then they put their swimsuits on and a ran through the beach ball sprinkler together (Alaina woke up and got to join in on that fun). Of course he makes this even more fun than I do. He would turn the water off, ask her to read a word that was printed on the ball, and then turn it on just as she would bend down to look. I wish I had been able to catch some pictures but I was too busy typing. Anna rewarded him at dinner for all the time he spent with her be declaring, "I have the best Daddy in the world!" I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment