Tuesday, April 28, 2009

She's a comedian

Larry and I belong to two different churches and typically we refer to them as "Mommy's church" and "Daddy's church". As Anna has gotten older we have tried to break that habit, so that she would know the actual names, but you know...habits are habits and they are hard to break.

Tonight at dinner Anna said her pre-school teacher told her that she probably drives right past her house on her way to church. I inquired how her teacher knew what church she went to.
"I told her," she answered.

Surprised, and pleased that she was able to say the name and not just "Mommy's church," I said, "What did you tell her?"

"First Christian Church," she said.

"Very good," I said. "And what is the name of Daddy's church?"

"Ummm...I forget?!? Second Christian Church???"

After much hysterical laughter, she was able to say, "Just kidding! Just kidding! St. Nicholas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment