Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All God's Creation

Some days when I take the time to stop and reflect on it, I am overwhelmed by how awesome God's creation is. I mean when you really take a minute to think about all the different kinds of plants, animals, insects, people, habitats, etc. that He created it is amazing. Our creator is so creative. (I know. I'm incredibly wise and philosophical. Try and keep up anyways. hee, hee)

This morning the girls and I got to really take in some of His creation in such a beautiful, peaceful, fun way. We visited a home near Blue Rock State Park and participated in an activity called 'Farm Days' with our local MOPS group. It was a beautiful morning. This family has a Red Tail Hawk that they have captured and train and use for hunting. The girls got to stand nose to nose with it. You should have seen them when he spread out his wings all at once and started flapping that close to them!

Then they each got to take a horse ride. The horses were gorgeous, but so funny. The horse that my girls rode, named "Rocky" has allergies. Can you imagine being a horse and having allergies? Poor thing. Because of his allergies he kept sneezing. And he was sneezing so hard that whenever he sneezed he also tooted. The ride sounded a little like this, 'clop, clop, sneeze, toot, clop, clop, sneeze, toot'! I'm sorry but I'm still immature enough to have thought this was hilarious!

They also got to walk through the garden and pick and taste some fresh veggies. Then they put on their rubber boots and went creeking. The kids were running and splashing and totally unaware of their surroundings for most of the walk I think, but it was so beautiful. Rock walls, tons of trees, trickling water....God is great! After our walk we picnicked at the park. I can't wait to post all the pictures, but of course my battery died and I have to wait for someone to email them to me.

I had my parents over for dinner tonight. I made homemade zucchini bread, fried shrimp, baked potatoes, and my mom brought a salad. Chocolate covered cherries for dessert, YUMM-O!

I'm going to bed a happy woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment