Monday, July 13, 2009

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old....


...one is silver and the other's gold. This week has been a week for visiting with friends.
One of my (g)old friends came on Monday and made me feel really rich...Chelsea! I needed that visit! And as the picture shows, the kids had fun too!
On Tuesday the group of friends that I refer to as the "birthday girls" (b/c we get together once a month and celebrate birthdays) got together for our monthly date. We had a pool party and ate lots of great food, tried a new drink called the wedding cake martini (YUM!), and floated around the pool on rafts. Sigh! A mini-vacation from reality. My brother, upon observing part of our day said, "Man, I'd like to be a girl. You guys get together, talk about how fat you are, then feed eachother fattening food, then tell each other how pretty you are." Yep! That pretty much sums up every get together I have ever had with one of my friends!
Today the girls and I met friends from church at the park for a play date. We mostly played on the blankets with the babies and had a picnic. When the babies (and their mothers) had to leave, the girls got to play in the wading pool for a while.
I am enjoying the blessings of friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment