I'm going to try something different with my blog. My original reason for starting this blog was to keep a personal history for my girls of their childhood. This has been a really easy way for me to keep pictures and reflections , in hopes that someday they will remember all of the times we have shared together. The fact that it also may help to keep those of you who are interested in what we are up to, up to date, is just a bonus. But because I have made all of you my writing audience, I think I sometimes miss the message of what it is I really want to share with the girls. So while you are still invited to read along, I'm going to make my writing audience Anna and Alaina. I think this will help me share more with them.
Dear Anna,
Today I took you, Alaina, Peyton, Luke and MawMaw back to Canoe Creations for another 'Farm Day'. I can't believe what a farm girl you are, especially since I'm the one raising you. I was so proud of you today. You were given the opportunity to do so many things and you were eager to try them all. Your eagerness was contagious, and Alaina followed your lead.
"Who wants to brush the horse?" they said. Up shot your hand.
Who wants to feed the horse some grass? Up shot your hand.
"Who wants to ride the horse?" Up shot your hand.
You even inspired MawMaw on this one...
"Who wants to hold a puppy?" (Born just that morning.) Up shot your hand.
(Sorry. I didn't get any pictures of that.)
"Who wants to hoe in the garden?" Up shot your hand.
"Who wants a net for catching minnows and crawdads?" Up shot your hand.
I am so thankful that you are so eager to try new things and experience all the wonders that God has given us. Many people search for adventure in their lives. But a lot of them search in the wrong places. They look for wonder in amusement park rides, fast cars, shiny jewelry, fancy houses, and other empty places. But God has hidden so many surprising treasures for us to find, wonder over, and enjoy. We saw that today as we explored nature.
Today I was reminded of how great God is in a Jewel Weed. I already knew that a Jewel Weed grows next to Poison Ivy and that if you rub it on you after coming in contact with Poison Ivy you will not get the Poison Ivy rash. That alone shows how much God cares for us that He put the Jewel Weed right there next to the Poison Ivy for us. But do you know what Gracie (one of our leaders) showed me today? If you put a Jewel Weed leaf ( a green leaf) in the water, it turns silver! Isn't God amazing?! I think He was showing off when He did that! It's just a reminder that He is there in the most ordinary and extraordinary of places. We just have to look.
We learned another important lesson today too. When Mrs. Parker first asked for a volunteer to hoe the garden she handed you the hoe and let you have at it. You did a great job! But when we stood back to look at it, it was a little crooked. So then she put a stake in the ground. The stake had a rope tied to it and she had the Big Anna pull it across the garden and hold onto it. It made a nice straight line. Then she let you try it again, but this time you were able to use the rope as a guide. She reminded us that life is like that. We need a guide. Our guide is God's word. If we keep it in our hearts it will help us keep our paths straight.
I hope you and Alaina will always remember to let the world God created for you be your adventure, and to keep His word in your heart!
I love you and I loved watching you enjoy all that God made for you today
Love, Mommy

Nice family blog. I love Jewel Weed. Always thought it was interesting the way it shines under water or how it stops poison ivy.
ReplyDeleteNice job.
Regards,
jurn