Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thinking Big with my Little Girl

So, the other day Alaina and I are driving in the car when she says,

"Mama, some day can we go to the end of the world to see what is there?"

I tried to explain to her that the world is shaped like a big ball, so there isn't really 'an end' to go to. She inquired further:

A: "A big ball?"
Me: "Yes, a really big ball."
A: "Is there a lid on top?"
Me (puzzled): "No, there isn't a lid."
A: "But what about the sky? Isn't that a lid?"
Me: "Yes, I suppose the sky is like a lid."
A: "Mama, I've been wondering about something. Is God in the sky?"

So, I try to explain to her that God doesn't have a body like us, so he is able to be everywhere all the time.

A: "Yeah, I learned that in one of my Bible stories. So does that mean he can be high and low?"
Me: "Yes, he can be high and low."

A couple of errands later we are back in the car, and she starts the conversation again:

A: "Mama, some day I want to go to all the ends of the world to see what is there. I even want to go to the places where there are lions and tigers and monkeys."

Me: "Alaina, do you want to be a world traveler?"

A: "Yes Mama, I want to be a world traveler."

Is it any wonder I am so in love with that girl?

1 comment: