Yesterday was a beautiful day and we made the most of it. First we painted flower pots for Anna to give to her pre-school teachers. Alaina painted one to put in her outdoor playhouse.
Finally, we made a special ladybug birthday cake for Anna's Webkinz, Mara Rose.
If you know what a Webkinz is (a small stuffed animal that you can take care of virtually on the internet) then you're probably thinking this last thing was a little crazy. But, I'm a sucker for enthusiasm. And for the last week Anna and Alaina have been enthusiastically huddling in corners whispering plans for Mara Rose's birthday party. I knew they were planning a cake, but it wasn't until the night before that I was made aware of the plans for a ladybug cake. Like I said, they were enthusiastic, so I obliged. It was really fun and surprisingly easy...oh, and it tasted pretty good too.

No comments:
Post a Comment