Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Girls are Growing Up

A person looking at this picture might think they were looking at a picture of a mother with her toddler and her pre-schooler. But as of this evening they would be wrong. This is now a picture of a pre-schooler (Alaina insists on starting in the Cookie Monster room that Anna has told her so much about in the fall) and a kindergartner. Gasp, loud exhale, gulp. I know...but so far they keep getting cuter, so I will try to keep my objections to a minimum. Anywho, this is us before Anna's last day of pre-school.
For the last day of school they went on a walking field trip to Adornetto's to make their own personal pizzas. I got to go along.

She's quite the chef. Not that I had any or anything....


One last romp on the playground.


Anna has been worrying about this day for a couple of weeks now. She is excited for kindergarten, but is worried about missing her pre-school friends. The first thing she did when she woke up this morning was cry. She said, "I'm excited to go to school and make the pizza, but I don't want it to be the last day." Poor girl, she's got her mom's heart. I always feel the good-byes with such a heavy heart. I've learned though, once they are done, something else good begins. So it will be with Anna, and Alaina, and me as we start this next phase.
I must say with joy though....this past school year was the best year yet. Alaina and I are going to miss her when she is at school.



No comments:

Post a Comment