Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a Week-end!

It has been a great week-end and I am so tired now that I would take a nap if I had any confidence that I would be able to get back up and carry on with the evening when need be.

I guess the week-end really started on Friday morning when Larry's mom came and got the kids so that they could play at her house for the day. My mom and I rarely get a day where we both have nothing to do, so we took advantage of the opportunity to do some shopping together. It was shopping with a purpose, as Anna has grown 2 sizes since last summer and was in need of pretty much everything. Fortunately, or unfortunately (I haven't decided which yet...) I feel like I bought everything. I'm never real comfortable when I'm spending money, but it was really fun and I felt like I was accomplishing something. We shopped our legs off, and then I went to pick the girls up. Earlier in the week my mom and I had planned that the girls would spend the night with her on Friday night so that I could FINALLY take Larry shopping for the shoes that I had promised him on his birthday. By the time Larry made it home from work though, and I made it home from shopping, we were both too tired to think about going shoe shopping. So, we ate dinner with the girls at my mom's house and then came home and collapsed in bed.

Saturday morning we started our day by joining our Sunday School class at church to weed and mulch the church grounds. It was a beautiful morning and I really enjoyed the fellowship of good friends while working in the beauty of the day. The group had so much fun that we decided that in two week-ends we are going to do a progressive yard work day. On that Saturday we are going to divide our time evenly between each of our own houses. We will spend about one hour in each yard doing whatever weeding, mulching, or planting the owner has planned. Then when all the yards are done, we will celebrate with a cook-out. We figure many hands will make light work, and it will be more fun to do it together! I'm looking forward to it. After we finished our weeding, Larry and I did go pick out his shoes and some new shirts.

Also, once a year, our church asks our Sunday School class to lead the church in worship. This was our week-end and we led all three services (one Saturday night, and two on Sunday morning). At the last minute we realized, that this was going to be hard to pull of with both girls (as Larry and I were both a part of the service), and we were also concerned about sending them to the nursery as whooping cough is going around in our area right now, and we know of at least one 3 year old in our church that has it. So, at the last minute we called Larry's mom and asked her if we could bring the girls back to their house, this time to spend the night. The girls were a little tentative to be away from us a second night in a row, so we promised them that if they would spend the night with MawMaw and PawPaw they could sleep in our room on Sunday night. They loved that idea! So, we picked them up from one set of grandparents and drove them back down to the other. (Actually, Larry delivered them and I made a trip to Aldi's for some groceries.) Then, off to do Saturday service. It was a great service and was well received. After the service, our whole class went out for dinner and we had a lot of fun together. Since Larry and I were now kid free again we rented Seven Pounds (with Will Smith). What a great movie!

This morning we were back at church at 8 am to do the next two services. When they were over, Larry went to pick up the girls and I ran to Kroger's to finish off the grocery shopping. When Larry and the girls got home I was putting away groceries, getting ready to fix lunch and enjoy the afternoon at home, and the calendar alarm on Larry's phone rang. He looked and it and said, "Is Anna supposed to be at dancing today?"

Oh, my gosh! It's studio rehearsal and ticket selection today and I had totally forgotten! Forget lunch! Throw on the leotard and tights and race to dancing....

We're home now, we've had dinner, and Larry is giving the girls a bath. When they are done we are going to have family movie night (Anna earned this by getting enough marbles in her helper jar)...and then we are all going to bed in our room! Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday, I need a break! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment