It seems like Larry and I have a lot of projects going on right now and we are just trying to keep up with everything.
Larry has the social justice group that he started at the beginning of lent. The group is made of members of different churches from the community. The idea is to get churches working together, building relationships based on our common love for Christ, and pulling our resources to make a difference in our community. The group did a six week devotional together, and now we are that point where we are trying to choose an issue/project to work on together. This group was something that Larry felt Called to put together and lead, and God is working through Him in wonderful ways. I am reminded through his work in this group that one of the things that I love about Larry is that he is courageous in his love for Christ. He is open and willing to the Lord and answers His call even when it means putting himself out there in a way that others (like me) would find too risky or scary. Larry reminds me with his example that God can do great things through us if we humble ourselves and trust Him to do things through us that we can not do on our own.
I just lead the last youth group meeting for the school year last night, and am working on putting the final plans together for the Mission Camp I am planning. I lead the youth group for the 3rd through 5th graders at church and this summer I am trying to put together a Mission Camp where each day they will do a different service project in the community and then in the afternoon do a fun social activity together. I am so excited about the plans that I have so far and I hope that it all comes together the way I envision it....which of course it won't, but you know what I mean.
I am also on the Vacation Bible School Leadership team at church. In the past our pre-schoolers and kindergarteners have always been grouped together at our VBS. This year I supported the idea of having a separate program just for the pre-schoolers. Which means yours truly is now planning/organzizing/teaching the pre-school VBS program. I'm excited about it, and there will be plenty of help, but it is another plate that I am spinning right now.
Besides all of that, Larry and I are really wanting to spend a lot of time in our yard right now. We both have big and small projects we want to work on and we spent a big part of our week-end with our hands in the dirt. It was great! I got a lot of weeding done and Larry and the girls helped me plant some flowers. I am pleased to see that the periniels (sp?) I planted last year are actually coming up again! Amazing! That feels like magic to me....they actually came back. I don't think I've ever kept a single house plant alive, let alone have something come back to life!
Final reflections from Jay Tew's most recent trip
13 years ago

Wow, Kim! You are busy! But I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job at everything! That's awesome. You and Larry seem perfect for each other. :)
ReplyDelete